Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Today I did a little exercise in Impressionism with acrylic paints on canvas paper. The idea was to get over the fear of the inbetween steps between the underpainting and the finished painting that look like a horrendous mess, and to keep pushing until the image appears. 

STEP 1. THE UNDERPAINTING



At about step 3, I thought with a sinking feeling of disappointment, "It's awful, I can't do this."

But I kept going. I might as well continue...I can always throw it away. 

STEP 6. GETTING THERE


And slowly, it began to look like the landscape it was supposed to look like.



You can. Yes, you can. If you want to.






Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.